Friday 13 July 2007

Oatmeal Plus

I love breakfast and have the same thing 99% of the time. This breakfast keeps me going until mid-afternoon and I never tire of it. Porridge made poorly is awful, and porridge made well is the best of foods. Too bad so many have had bad breakfast experiences.

Oatmeal for one

1/3 cup large flake oats
3/4 cup water
dash of salt (don't forget it!)
1-1/2 tbsp ground flaxseeds

Place in cereal bowl and cook in microwave on 50% power for 3 minutes.

Add one beaten egg to hot cereal and mix well. Return to microwave for 30 seconds on high to cook the egg.

Serve with fruit and milk. (I use soy milk)

Variations: My daughter uses soy milk instead of water and adds no milk when eating the porridge. She also adds a tablespoon of natural peanut butter instead of the egg.

No comments: