Friday 2 April 2010

Grandma's Lemon Cake

I love lemony desserts...lemon pie, lemon curd, lemon cake...

Grandma made this lemon cake for special occasions and it was a family favourite. I once decided to figure out the calories and fat in the recipe and was shocked at the numbers I came up with. So they will remain a secret. If I am wanting a lemony tasting treat, I make these lower fat Lemon Poppyseed Muffins. But I have to add Grandma's recipe to this family recipe blog. It is good to take to a potluck or other event where other people will eat most of it before you have a chance to get started.

1 package Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
1 package Lemon Jello (4 serving size)
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup oil
4 eggs

Mix cake, jello, eggs, water and beat with beaters for 2 minutes. Add oil and beat for another 2 minutes.

Bake in a greased 9 x 13 inch pan at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes.

While cake is still hot, pierce top with a fork and pour a glaze made with 2 cups of icing sugar and 1/3 cup of lemon juice over the top.

Serve when cool.

No comments: