Saturday 15 August 2009

Broccoli Salad


We go the the homestyle buffet at The Crossroads in Elmira occasionally and this is my favourite salad there. It can be made with broccoli and/or cauliflower. I have had it at potlucks where other additions such as raisins and sunflower seeds are included. Here is the basic recipe.

1 bunch of broccoli cut into small pieces
2-3 slices cooked bacon, finely chopped (we use bacon flavoured soy bits)
Grated cheddar cheese, about 2 ounces
Salad dressing or mayonnaise, 1/3 to 1/2 cup as desired
Sliced green onions

Mix together. Salad keeps for a couple of days.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Thank you for the recipes! We're always having treat days at work and I'm often looking for something new and different to bring. I get tired of the usual chips and dip stuff.

Ruth said...

I have gathered a number of these recipes from potlucks at work. This salad is popular at our monthly lunches.