Saturday 18 February 2012

Dark Chocolate Almond Butter


I have purchased almond butter twice and both times it tasted rancid and bitter. I have tasted chocolate-hazelnut spread too, but hazelnuts do not impress me. I saw this recipe on Angela Liddon's blog and was very impressed with the result. (Follow this link for a detailed description of making chocolate almond butter and chocolate peanut butter) Here is a quick description.

  • 2 cups raw almonds 
  • 1/3 cup 70% cocoa chocolate squares or chips (all we had at home)
(Angela's recipe calls for 1 tsp coconut oil, 1/2 cup chocolate and a dash of salt. I didn't add oil or salt)
Put almonds in food processor and mix until smooth and creamy. This takes about 15 minutes and you have to scrape the bowl often. Melt the chocolate on low heat and add to the almond butter. Process until well blended. This made about 1-1/2 cups. I wonder how long it will last??


No comments: