Monday 14 January 2013

Burrito Bowls

I travelled through the Dallas Fort Worth Airport a few weeks ago and had time to eat a hot meal. I chose the 360° Gourmet World Grill and ordered a vegetarian burrito bowl. It was so tasty that I made sure I had another on my return trip to Canada. I made a similar dish tonight and it was versatile, fast and filling. Use a bowl or plate and layer:

Brown rice
Black beans
Meat if desired (I added pork for the meat eater in the family)
Roasted vegetables (I made onion, mushroom, zucchini, peppers and sweet potato)

Then add toppings of your choice such as:

Guacamole
Salsa
Grated cheese
Sour cream
Cilantro and/or shredded lettuce
Chopped tomatoes, red onion

You can serve it with taco chips, tortillas or tostados but it is filling enough without any extras.

No comments: